I went to go vote this morning. I knew that there would be a high turnout today. But was both pleasantly and annoyingly surprised when I stepped inside the high school that is our polling place and the line was already at the door -- and mind you this is in a hall that's probably 100 or so feet long before you get to where the voting booths are stationed.
Ok... time to make a decision.
Decision made, I stepped into the line. Within 5 minutes, the line was already snaking around the corner of the building outside. Within another 10 minutes, the line in front of me had not moved.
I did some quick calculations. At this rate, I will make it to work at noon.
Sorry Johnny, I'll come vote for you this afternoon. I stepped out of line and headed to the car.
I guess I'll try to leave work a little early and go vote then. I'm sure the lines will be even longer, but then I won't have to worry about never making it to work.
On my way back to the car my thought was "Well, if they're all voting McCain that's a good thing." Then I noticed an Obama bumper sticker on a car pulling up to a spot near mine.
Well, OK - so maybe he'll only get 1 vote out of my precinct. I could only wish that out of all the voters nationwide today that one person would be the only one voting for Obama. Unfortunately, no such luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment