For the past almost 14 years we thought we were safe. They warned us -- but apparently we didn't pay close enough attention.
Get loose everybody cause were gonna do our thing
cause you know it aint over till the fat lady sings
Unfortunately while we were all biding our time with the sucky-ass wasteland of alternative music, boy bands, Britney and Christina, or trashy sexed up hip-hop, they must have been planning this all along. *Barf*
Don't cross our path cause youre gonna get stomped.
We aint gonna give anybody any slack
and if you try to keep us down were gonna come right back
All we can do know is pray that it isn't true... But according to People magazine, it is.
The New Kids on the Block are back. *Gag* (By the way, the lyrics above are from Hanging Tough, one of the dorkiest songs ever written)
Sigh. Now I'm really depressed. I was as hopeful as every red-blooded 80s raised male that maybe Lita Ford would make a comeback.
Or maybe Heart would do a new tour for the first time in years.
There's been a lot of 80s bands in recent years that have hit the recording studio and/or tour roads again. Many never stopped. Some of the best are still going strong. Bon Jovi has been at it for almost 25 years now. Def Leppard - going on 30+. Aerosmith - 35ish.
Journey, Styx, REO Speedwagon. Slaughter, RATT, Cinderella. Duran Duran. The GoGos. I heard recently the Bangles are together again. They are all groups that are awesome to have around still.
I want Lita Ford to tour again.
But not the New Kids. I had to deal with them at a rainy concert at Carowinds amusement park when I was in 9th grade just so I could see Tiffany. Yes, I admit it. I saw them. Not one of my favorite memories. At least not until Tiffany came out.
Dealing with Donnie Wahlberg's horrendous acting has been bad enough. Mark Wahlberg's isn't too bad. The movie Rock Star, while kinda corny, was decent. The best thing about that movie was Mike Matijevic's awesome voice that Wahlberg lip-synced to. (If you don't know who I'm talking about, he's the lead singer of Steelheart)
I just hope that time will have allowed the New Kids to put together songs that aren't as dorky as what they originally did.
I would rather listen to Hannah Montana or Gregorian monk chants every day for the rest of my life than have to hear NKOTB on the radio again.
As it is they'll really need to rename themselves Thirtysomethings On The Block. They couldn't give us another 14 years as a warning to prepare? Then they could be the Rising Seniors On The Block.
No comments:
Post a Comment