2007 sucked - big time.
I can't really thing of anything that will cause me to look back fondly at that shitty year, other than:
- We did have some friends that had children in 2007. Obviously, that is a true blessing and we're incredibly happy for them.
- My parents did move down from the frozen tundra of Indiana to now just be 1 1/2 hours up the road in Charlotte.
- My sister found out she was pregnant. They're expecting in February.
- I made some new friends at work.
- My wife and I celebrated our 10-year wedding anniversary.
- Neither of our cars had to have any major work done on them. In past years, we've always managed to have something go seriously wrong with one of our cars.
Still, 2007 pretty much sucked. To top it off, it ended on a heartbreaking, totally shitty note with Clemson losing in overtime, nonetheless, to Auburn at the Peach Bowl. Damn.
I do find myself actually wanting to make some resolutions and stick to them this year. I hearby resolve to:
- Lose 25 pounds this year, start exercising, and stop eating so much junk.
- Spend less time watching TV and more time with my wife
- Make better financial descisions and not be so wasteful by buying crap that we don't need or big meals that we can't afford
- Actually use my vacation time to take my wife on a real vacation
- Start putting together a down payment on a house
So here's to 2008. It can't be any worse than 2007, but let's hope it's a lot better.
No comments:
Post a Comment