One of our neighbors, who we don't know really well, has a son that is probably 4-years old, I'm guessing. I'm guessing he's that age based on his vocabulary and height. Really nice kid, always says "hey" when we walk by.
I came home from running some errands today and saw him outside on the sidewalk. He had a little water gun with him. It wasn't a super soaker by any means, this water gun was one of those little tiny ones.
Here's how the conversation went:
Me: That's a neat water gun.
Him: It's not a water gun. It's a toy.
Me: It looks like a water gun.
Him: It's not.
Me: Is it a ray gun?
Him: No. It's a toy.
Me: Well, I think it really looks like a water gun.
Him: It's not. But I want a water gun. Would you buy me one?
Me: Ummm... (thinking here, what can I say that will just totally bewilder him out of a response so I can make it to the house).... I can't. I'm broke.
Him: I'm broke too.
(Crap, now I've got to say something in response)
Me: That's not good, is it?
Him: No, it's not.
Then he sees some other neighborhood kids, picks up his water gun, and runs off to join them.
I guess you never really understand the mind of a 4-year old as an adult. Here's to being 4 again and wanting someone to buy you a water gun.
No comments:
Post a Comment