David Cook all the way, baby
Back at week one, I was predicting Chikeze, Brooke, and David Archuleta as the final three, one of whom to become American Idol. Other than Archie making it to the final three, I got that one really wrong.
But I truly think the best contestant won. Archie is a talented singer, he's just not a performer. And I don't think he will sell nearly as many albums as David Cook.
America needed this win. Die-hard rockers needed this win. We've been listening to crap on the radio for the past 18 years. (This is the point where this post could really diverge into a discussion on what a wasteland the music industry and the airwaves have become, but....)
I'll definitely buy any album David Cook puts out. Congratulations David, you deserve this!
The best part of the night was watching him rock out with ZZ Top. These guys have not changed at all in 25+ years and still kick ass. They were one of my favorite rock acts when I was growing up.
I could have done without Donna Summer last night. Man she's looking old.
Bryan Adams was awesome as always --- for a guy who's 48 and has been in the business for 30 years, he's still got it and he still looks young. I've been waiting for seven years to hear some Adams on Idol and they brought it on last night.
It was a nice touch to have Graham Nash on last night also. His and Brooke's duet was awesome -- a very nice addition to the show. I could have done without George Michael though.
Anyway.- it was a great end to a very competitive season. Until next year....
No comments:
Post a Comment