31 October 2007

It's Finally Fall!

This year, Fall arrived late around here, comparatively -- the weather and fall foliage.

I don't consider it Fall until people start to ask me why I'm not wearing a jacket.

Some of my co-workers started asking me that yesterday. I'm not big on wearing a jacket though -- or long sleeve shirts. It's weird to explain -- I just don't like the feeling of my arms being restricted.

Being originally from Pennsylvania, I have a totally different take on what is cold down here in South Carolina - not necssarily on what is hot though, because I think everyone can agree when it starts to get hot around here.

Fall to me is when the cool weather feels crisp... when it's an invigorating kind of cold. Highs between 50 and 60, I'm there. I can put up with colder temperatures -- yeah, when it drops below 40 it's rather cold, but still bearable. Once it gets below 30, the jacket is on.

Fall cold is exciting. It's that weather that when you experience it, you can't help but think about it being Football game cold. Some of my most favorite memories are hanging out watching football games, whether in high school or college, and not having to necesarily have a jacket on when the game starts but before it's over, you're like, "Yeah, I think I'll put it on." Something about that Football game cold just makes you want to scream louder for your team, and pull your girl closer.

Yet, you still want to hang around and watch the game because no cold can drive you away. Football games in 90+ degree heat suck. You just sweat.

Thankfully the cool weather has arrived. If it could stay this temperature year round, I'd be happy. But I like snow too, so bring it on!

1 comment:

Student of Life said...

Consider yourself lucky. I, too, was born in parts to the north, and it seems my blood has thinned. I spent the weekend in Boston, and at times, I thought I was going to freeze to death. It wasn't really that cold, especially for Boston.