About a month ago, I applied for a job with one of the local municipalities. They are starting up a communications office and I thought that it would be a wonderful opportunity for me. The job would have been 1/3 of the distance from home than my current one is, would have paid a good bit more, and probably would have been a great next step for my career.
You may notice that I'm writing about the job opportunity in the past tense.
I didn't get the job. I got that call yesterday morning. And I wasn't too tremendously upset about it. Yeah, I would have liked to have had the job. I won't deny that.
I don't make near market value for my position. I have a 35 minute commute into work and a 45 minute commute out. During the school year, I work a lot of evenings and weekends.
But I really enjoy the job I have right now. It allows me to do things I enjoy, and I have some great coworkers - they're very good people to work with. I've made some friends at this jobs that I'll probably stay in close touch with for years to come; a lot of the vendors I've come to know are really fun to work with; and the students at the college I just have a blast working with, watching their antics, and just listening to the way the conversate with each other.
A college is a great place to work -- and I think the college I work at is a very special place. It's small and tight knit, but people look out for each other. There is a strong sense of family. We look out for each other.
I'm going to go into territory now that you may or may not agree with and/or feel comfortable reading.
Until recent years, I struggled with my faith alot. I've always been one of those people who has to see the concrete evidence or have things explained away by science. Alot has happened in the past few years that has really tested, yet strengthened my faith. I trust God completely with my life and know that he has plans for me that I am unaware of and that he knows what is best for me.
We all don't have the same beliefs. It is everyone's own perogative to develop and practice their own faith and beliefs. I have developed my own, but despite that, I don't feel the need to explain every aspect of my faith and beliefs to every person on the street nor do I have the right to judge people for their own beliefs. Nobody does.
I know God has plans for me. I guess that my leaving the job I'm currently in right now just isn't in his plans. And I am fine with that.
You may notice that I'm writing about the job opportunity in the past tense.
I didn't get the job. I got that call yesterday morning. And I wasn't too tremendously upset about it. Yeah, I would have liked to have had the job. I won't deny that.
I don't make near market value for my position. I have a 35 minute commute into work and a 45 minute commute out. During the school year, I work a lot of evenings and weekends.
But I really enjoy the job I have right now. It allows me to do things I enjoy, and I have some great coworkers - they're very good people to work with. I've made some friends at this jobs that I'll probably stay in close touch with for years to come; a lot of the vendors I've come to know are really fun to work with; and the students at the college I just have a blast working with, watching their antics, and just listening to the way the conversate with each other.
A college is a great place to work -- and I think the college I work at is a very special place. It's small and tight knit, but people look out for each other. There is a strong sense of family. We look out for each other.
I'm going to go into territory now that you may or may not agree with and/or feel comfortable reading.
Until recent years, I struggled with my faith alot. I've always been one of those people who has to see the concrete evidence or have things explained away by science. Alot has happened in the past few years that has really tested, yet strengthened my faith. I trust God completely with my life and know that he has plans for me that I am unaware of and that he knows what is best for me.
We all don't have the same beliefs. It is everyone's own perogative to develop and practice their own faith and beliefs. I have developed my own, but despite that, I don't feel the need to explain every aspect of my faith and beliefs to every person on the street nor do I have the right to judge people for their own beliefs. Nobody does.
I know God has plans for me. I guess that my leaving the job I'm currently in right now just isn't in his plans. And I am fine with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment