2010 was one of those years. A lot really can’t be said for it.
Looking back at my blog posts for the year, you might wonder what was going on. Frankly, I am too. Not nearly as many posts as previous years. Kinda makes me wonder what I really accomplished last year.
I’m not really going to try to wonder why though.
I’m just going to start out the New Year fresh, with a positive outlook and happy for the life-changing miracle that God gave to my wife and I last year.
My daughter.
We’re currently in our final trimester, due April 7 – and totally ecstatic about our bundle of joy arriving healthy and ready to take on the world.
It’s definitely going to be life-changing. We’re both excited --- and scared and nervous too – but mostly excited about being parents. It’s something we’ve wanted for a long time.
We know we won’t be perfect parents. Nobody is. But we both already love this little girl more than words can say and are going to do our best to provide her everything she will ever need.
With that in mind, I’m going to start of the year with some resolutions.
I think technically you’re supposed to make New Year’s resolutions the first day of the new year, but I don’t think I’m really breaking any rules by making them a few days late.
So, here goes, in no particular order:
Looking back at my blog posts for the year, you might wonder what was going on. Frankly, I am too. Not nearly as many posts as previous years. Kinda makes me wonder what I really accomplished last year.
I’m not really going to try to wonder why though.
I’m just going to start out the New Year fresh, with a positive outlook and happy for the life-changing miracle that God gave to my wife and I last year.
My daughter.
We’re currently in our final trimester, due April 7 – and totally ecstatic about our bundle of joy arriving healthy and ready to take on the world.
It’s definitely going to be life-changing. We’re both excited --- and scared and nervous too – but mostly excited about being parents. It’s something we’ve wanted for a long time.
We know we won’t be perfect parents. Nobody is. But we both already love this little girl more than words can say and are going to do our best to provide her everything she will ever need.
With that in mind, I’m going to start of the year with some resolutions.
I think technically you’re supposed to make New Year’s resolutions the first day of the new year, but I don’t think I’m really breaking any rules by making them a few days late.
So, here goes, in no particular order:
- I resolve to be the best daddy I can be – and be there for my little girl when she needs me and more
- I resolve to be the best husband I can be – and be there for my wife when she needs me and more
- I resolve to lead a more healthy lifestyle – to eat better, to exercise, and to take care of myself better
- There is a big sub-resolution to this: I resolve to lose weight...
- I resolve to kick soft drinks
- I resolve to watch our money more tightly, not to eat out so much (but there will be special occasions when I will want to take my wife out), and not buy stuff that we don’t need. No more sudden impulse DVDs will be the big one.
- I resolve to spend more time with my wife – and focus on my family time more than time on anything else
- I resolve to stop bringing work home all the time and to not have that be the focus of all my spare time
- I resolve to stop getting on Facebook so much and to limit my time on it during my spare time
- I resolve to keep this blog updated more as time allows. I have a feeling a lot of posts will be made this year about my daughter.
- And I resolve to not stress so much over stupid things
We’ll see how I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment