A few years ago my friend Otis held a McBoycott of McDonald's.
Now it's my turn to hold a boycott-- and I hope everyone out there will go along with this: I'm boycotting CBS from here on out.
Some mindless corporate execs whose eyes were only on the almighty Neilsen ratings have decided to permanently axe Jericho from the CBS lineup. This is the second time Jericho has been cancelled. Now I'm really mad.
Relevant Links:
Jericho, the Nielsen dinosaur and Gen Y campaigns
The Save Jericho Petition
Internet Movie Database's Jericho Page
Jericho has helped fill a void for me that developed over the last few years with the deluge of reality television garbage. Unfortunately, my two favorite comedies are on CBS -- How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory. I'm really going to hate giving those up, but if I have to, I have to.
The only redeeming factor is that the hundreds of thousands of Jericho fans like myself are not going to give up the fight for Jericho to stick around. I guess we'll have to lobby some other networks. Sci-Fi has been airing Jericho reruns on Fridays lately. *crosses fingers* Hopefully they'll pick up a new season of it.
That would actually be a great thing if Sci-Fi picks it up because come fall 2008 a Jericho-Stargate Atlantis - Flash Gordon lineup would be awesome and would help save the ailing Sci-Fi Friday nights. Right now Sci-Fi's only new shows on Friday will be starting on April 4 with the final season of Battlestar Galactica. (And don't get me started on that right now because if I did, this blog could take another four pages to wrap up)
I'm going to miss Eric, Emily, Heather, Mimi, Stanley, and especially Jake and Hawkins. The actors behind those characters have done such a superb job with this show, telling the stories the writers have created. I guess if I have to be fine with just buying the two Jericho seasons on DVD and having those to watch over and over again, I will be. But if there were another five or six seasons to come in the future that I could add to that collection, that would be fantastic.
For now, my CBS boycott starts tonight. No more Cold Case.
No comments:
Post a Comment